Once you have chosen a cat or dog there is a $20 hold fee for 24 hours.
You will then need to go home and make sure this is the right decision for your family. If you are adopting a dog, you will need to arrange to bring your dog (if you already have one) in for a dog meeting. Once you are sure you have found your purrrrfect furry friend, you can make an appointment with Sonya, our adoption centre manager, and she will complete the paperwork with you.
You can then take your new pet home.
Please note, there will no be same day adoptions.
Puppies under six months ($300.00)
Dogs 6 months - 5 years ($250.00)
Senior dogs 6 - 10 years ($200)
Retired dogs over 10 years ($150)
Kittens under six months ($250)
Cats 6 months - 5 years ($200)
Senior cats 6 - 10 years ($150)
Retired cats over 10 years ($100)
What is included in the price?
- Tattoo (or microchip if cat/dog is already spayed/neutered)
- Spay/Neuter if not already done
- Complete set of vaccinations to date including rabies and parasite medication
- Pet Lynx package
- Starter Kit (food samples, information on pet history, adoption centre observations)
- Trial Period of Pet Insurance
- LOVE, FOOD, SHELTER, and CARE from the Bow Valley SPCA for the time leading up to your adoption!
Surrender Fee for people wishing to surrender their dog or cat = $200
We are a limited admission centre and restrictions may apply to a surrender.