Bow Valley SPCA – Centre Manager (Full Job Description is attached)
Full-time, Permanent, Salaried position
The Bow Valley SPCA proudly celebrated it’s 10th year of operations as a non-profit, no-kill, no cage adoption centre for cats & dogs in 2017.
Funded by generous supporters, grants, and many fundraising events the Centre is driven & directed by a volunteer Board of Directors, and has saved the lives of 161 animals in 2017 alone.
A small paid staff base is supplemented by a group of dedicated community volunteers who assist the organization in many aspects of the operation, programming and events.
Reporting to the Vice President BVSPCA, the Centre Manager is responsible for the day to day management on location at the facility and is the “face” of the organization.
Key Aspects of the role that you need to know!
- Full-time, salaried position
- Schedule includes weekends and some evenings
- Oversees the efficient and effective day-to-day operations of the facility ensuring a safe, sanitary & healthy environment
- Liaison & collaboration with Board members on all aspects of the Center, including but not limited to financial management, fundraising, events, education, programming, volunteer coordination, strategic planning
- Manages within the operational budget
- Office administration
- Intakes, Adoptions, Fostering
- Animal care, with a focus on humane, caring & compassionate delivery
- Liaison with veterinary clinics
- Tracking & maintaining accurate records for each animal relative to health, behaviour, training etc.
- Recruits, trains, leads, evaluates & supervises center staff
- Works closely with the Volunteer Coordinator to support and recognize the community volunteers
- Assists as needed with all hands-on aspects of the operation
- Manages animal database
- Prompt publicity for the animals available for adoption & keeping animal status information current
- Oversee facility maintenance contracts & upkeep
- Create & present monthly reports to the Board
- Educate & enforce all Bow Valley SPCA policies & procedures, with the assistance of the Board of Directors
- Establish & maintain a positive presence in the community for the Centre
Required Experience, Skills & Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in a related field
- 2-3 years of management experience, preferably within a non-profit organization, supervising a team of 10+
- Experience working in animal care preferred
- Proficiency in use of computers including database management, social media, website management
- Personable and able to develop rapport comfortably with staff, volunteers, donors & adopters etc.
- Team oriented, collaborative management style
- Proven administrative skills
- Comfortable multi tasking
- Salary range $45,000 - $47,500 annually
- Review following the successful completion of a 6-month Performance Evaluation
- Benefit Allowance following 3-month probationary period
How to apply:
Applications to be submitted with cover letter and resume to HR@bowvalleyspca.org
Closing date: January 19, 2017